Friday, 26-April-24, 06:29
Tootsie's Claw
Main | Star Wars or Mavel? - Page 2 - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: silverfoxmedia  
The Forums » The Forums » Argument Section » Star Wars or Mavel?
Star Wars or Mavel?
SmithInc Date: Tuesday, 22-March-11, 20:04 | Message # 16
Your friendly neighbourhood Josh
Veteran
Group: Admins
Awards: 16
But you can't be cocky either, I could feel the cockiness and hatred and just pure darkness which made me shudder when you typed that 'good'. lol!

You Friendly Neighbourhood SPIDER-MAN.

With great power comes great reponsibility

silverfoxmedia Date: Thursday, 24-March-11, 08:15 | Message # 17
Good for you
Baron
Awards: 4
I was not being cocky! I was thinking "at least that's out the way, then!" in a totally non-cocky way

"Great herd of elephants!"

Halfbrick Date: Thursday, 24-March-11, 17:17 | Message # 18
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Awards: 8
Quote (SmithInc)
Marvel beats Star Wars any day. The polt is far more intricate and there is way more history, characters, dimensions, time eras and even old and new and multi universes. There are books, comics, toys, films, and last but not least I'm a marvel character!

More intricate than Star Wars? No way.

Star Wars: The Old Republic have been the peacekeepers of the galaxy for millennia, after successfully surviving the Great Sith War (the Sith being a species). The Dark Side force users adopted the name Sith while other force-users include the Baran Do Sages. Palpatine is planning something evil and meanwhile the Trade Federation attempt to blockade Naboo. Palpatine succeeds in taking over the Trade Federation and becomes leader of the so-called Separatists. Meanwhile, the Jedi launch a new clone army to help fight the aptly-named Clone Wars. Palpatine has built a command into the clones at birth named Order 66, which dictates that Jedi are the enemy, and when the Separatist Forces begin to lose the war, Palpatine executes this command. Some Jedi survive and Anakin Skywalker's children, Luke and Leia, are given to different parents. Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker now turned to evil, attempts to destroy a Rebel Alliance which Leia has joined, unaware that she is fighting her father, and two of her droids (robots) C-3PO and R2-D2 are sold to Luke. Luke's uncle and aunt are killed by Darth Vader's stormtroopers as Luke attempts to rescue a runaway droid while avoiding the Tusken Raiders, named due to their invasion on Fort Tusken. You all know the story of the films from here on in, I hope, and afterwards, Han Solo attempts to court Leia at the same time as Prince Xizor, and the New Republic is formed. Soon afterwards, the new Republic are attacked by extra-dimensional creatures called the Yuuzhan Vong and hide the Jedi young in a black-hole cluster called the Maw (I've checked, SmithInc, and this is actually possible). Having defeated them, Han and Leia's eldest son, Jacen, turns evil, partly as a result of his brother Anakind dying, before his sister, Jaina, kills him aboard the Anakin Solo. Luke marries a bounty hunter sent by Palpatine to kill him, called Mara-Jade, and their child, Ben, joins the Galactic Alliance. Some Jedi suffer from a mental illness but Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Mirax and Corran Horn and Tahiri Veila, among others, attempt to stop them doing any real harm. Meanwhile, Luke and his son, Ben, are outlawed from visiting Coruscant (galactic capital) for ten years and attempt to discover why Jacen turned to evil. Their travels lead them to the Maw, where they find a group of force users known as the Mind Walkers, who leave the body, hiding in a station similar to Centerpoint Station, destroyed a few years earlier. This group has been making the force-users turn berserk, and that's about all I know. And you say Marvel has a more intricate plot?

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

SmithInc Date: Thursday, 24-March-11, 18:00 | Message # 19
Veteran
Yes way, there are hundreds of thousands of different marvel comics, different dimensions, time periods and these things can coinside with the main stream or marvel. There are comics on different planets, there are at least 3 different God worlds with their own adventures, comics in hell, there are marvel zombies there is so much more information on Marvel than Star Wars, it would be possible to collect every star wars book and film, impossible to collect every marvel film, book, comic.

Halfbrick Date: Thursday, 24-March-11, 19:21 | Message # 20
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
You are dead wrong, SmithInc. Lots of planets?
Try this:
List of Planets
List of Books
Timeline

silverfoxmedia Date: Saturday, 26-March-11, 18:08 | Message # 21
Good for you
Baron
fair enough, but marvel still has way more comics and books and films and toys made than star wars

silverfoxmedia Date: Saturday, 26-March-11, 18:09 | Message # 22
Good for you
Baron
actually, not with books I suppose, but comics, yes!

SmithInc Date: Saturday, 26-March-11, 19:51 | Message # 23
Veteran
Yes with books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are still more planets because there are lots of unniverses (multiverses) it's just that they haven't all been written about in thorough detail.

Halfbrick Date: Saturday, 26-March-11, 22:06 | Message # 24
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
You just don't get it, do you. Let me try to explain the Fate of the Jedi series so far...

Chief of State Natasi Daala, a former Imperial Remnant officer who assumed command after the death of Darth Caedus, Jacen Solo turned to the Dark Side (Jacen Solo is the son of Han and Leia Solo and the brother of Jaina and Anakin (deceased)), sends a squad of GAG troopers to the temple of the New Republic to arrest Grand Master Luke Skywalker for failing to prevent Caedus' fall to the dark side. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, this coincides with the funeral of Luke's with Mara-Jade. Meanwhile, Jaina Solo is in a relationship with Jagged Fel, new head of the Imperial Remnant. And to make matters even more complicated, Jedi Knight Valin Horn goes insane, followed soon by fellow Jedi Seff Hellin. Jaina, Jag and a group of commandos form the Darkmeld team which attempts to prevent the government, which has sent observers to watch all the Jedi, killing the insane Jedi. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker is exiled for ten years and heads for the Kel Dor home planet of Dorin with his son Ben to discover why Jacen turned to evil, and Han and Leia have been contacted by Lando Calrissian to investigate strange groundquakes on the mines of Kessel. Ultimately, it turns out that energy spiders, which attack criminals sent to the spice mines searching for the drug glitterstim, and pure-energy beings called bogeys, are guarding mysterious metal structures which can be destroyed only by thermal detonators and/or proton torpedoes. So, Lando hires a squad of retired pilots from the glory days of Rogue Squadron, including their famed leader Wedge Antilles, to destroy the metal spheres in a series of pre-arranged explosions, which they successfully do. At this point, Luke and Ben discover that the Baran Do sages of Dorin do not die but leave the surface for life in an underground system of caverns from which it is impossible to escape. On Coruscant, Temporary Grand Master Kenth Hamner, appointed by Skywalker much to the chagrin of others such as Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron and Saba Sebatyne, is worried by the strange illness afflicting the Jedi. Ultimately, all appears to have worked out for the better, but in fact the disease still plagues the Jedi, Daala continues to squash their power and Luke and Ben still do not know why Jacen turned to the dark side.
(This is only the first of nine books in this one series)

silverfoxmedia Date: Sunday, 27-March-11, 16:41 | Message # 25
Good for you
Baron
Marvel story summaries are TWICE as long.

Halfbrick Date: Sunday, 27-March-11, 17:03 | Message # 26
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Not brief ones, they aren't.

silverfoxmedia Date: Sunday, 27-March-11, 17:26 | Message # 27
Good for you
Baron
Yes, they are!

Halfbrick Date: Sunday, 27-March-11, 18:23 | Message # 28
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Describe, briefly, one story.

tedward00 Date: Monday, 28-March-11, 07:29 | Message # 29
Avengers Assemble!
Regular
Group: Moderation Team
Awards: 10
Thats very hard because all of their stories have been cleverly thought out and can not be briefly explained. And I am the marvel master SmithInc!!!

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Halfbrick Date: Monday, 28-March-11, 08:06 | Message # 30
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Seriously, if any one of you actually took the time to read one of the books...
Also, how many strips per comic? In Star Wars, it ranges from four to six.

The Forums » The Forums » Argument Section » Star Wars or Mavel?
Search: