Friday, 19-April-24, 12:16
Tootsie's Claw
Main | The Ghost War - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » The Ghost War (Chapter 2, Part 2)
The Ghost War
Halfbrick Date: Thursday, 12-July-12, 19:38 | Message # 1
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Group: Admins
Awards: 8
Tom was soon relieved, however, to see Jack through the open kitchen door. Not that he was anticipating the crestfallen look on his face, and that of Chris too. Come to think of it, what was Chris doing here? He wasn’t usually seen at Jack’s. Jack turned around and saw Tom, and Chris followed suit. Feebly, Tom looked at them and said: “Hi.” They just stared at him, faces bleak. "What's up guys?" enquired Tommy, a little anxious now. Again, no reply. Then, "Em's missing." That was Jack, speaking glumly. At this point Tommy realised exactly why his two friends were so dour-faced. His feet shifted uncomfortably on the rupturewort below. There was a split-second of awkward silence and indecision until Tom decided to press on.
"How long ago was this?" He was expecting Jack to answer; the question was directed at Jack, but to Tommy's immense surprise, it was Chris who answered. "Not more than five minutes ago, Mac. She came into the kitchen to get drinks about then while I was talking to Jack. We thought we heard a scream, and then..."
"And then when we came out here, she was gone," Jack finished. Tommy stopped, dead. But not because of what Jack had just said.

But because of the strange sensation down the back of his neck...

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » The Ghost War (Chapter 2, Part 2)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: