Friday, 29-March-24, 11:59
Tootsie's Claw
Main | Beyond the Bluff - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Beyond the Bluff (The Survivors, Part 5)
Beyond the Bluff
Halfbrick Date: Wednesday, 11-July-12, 00:07 | Message # 1
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Group: Admins
Awards: 8
I suppose it must've been Josh's memory which kept us all going. We knew he wouldn't have let us down, and we were determined to fulfill his wish. To be frank, I reckon we'd all have succumbed to madness within days had we not the letter to motivate us. There hadn't been a trace of any of our fellows since we left the beach on that fateful day. Tom was reading a book, the subject of which was the peculiar "X, Y, Z". I was staring towards the horizon, lost in some absent thought. My musings were cut short by a particularly forceful retch from George, who had spent the last few hours vomiting into his helmet. I'm not sure what was coming out; we hadn't eaten in days. Tom gave him a hearty pat on the back, and that, bizarrely, seemed to calm him down. He dipped his helmet into a small stream nearby and then replaced it on his head. With a jocular "ho", George began walking up the bluff. Tom and I had to dash to keep up with him, for within seconds he had vanished from sight. I reached the top of the bluff first and, upon parting the heather there, I saw the sight we had all been eagerly anticipating since day 1 - the tired old steamer which was to take us home. It was preparing to leave, with George aboard, but an orderly on the boarding ramp caught a glimpse of Tom's ancient Victorian timepiece in the blazing afternoon sun and waited to let us on. We had done it; we were going home..!

Woohoo, in-joke! (Veteran members should spot this - kingfishertom, silverfoxmedia, SmithInc, smokeynova, tedward00!)
Woohoo, in-joke two! (Only kingfishertom and maybe silverfoxmedia should spot this, as Sam Rixon isn't a member)

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Beyond the Bluff (The Survivors, Part 5)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: