Friday, 29-March-24, 10:49
Tootsie's Claw
Main | A Day to Forget - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » A Day to Forget (The Survivors, part 4)
A Day to Forget
Halfbrick Date: Thursday, 23-June-11, 23:27 | Message # 1
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Group: Admins
Awards: 8
We knew we couldn't stay here for long. We crawled through fields of long grass, slowly, in formation. I was alongside George in the middle, with Josh leading the way and Tom bringing up the rear. As we reached the end of the field, there was a loud bang. We saw Josh fumbling with his gun and shooting one of the enemy. He fell from a gantry, landing on a fuel tank which set the whole enemy camp on fire. If it was in a film it would've been cool. It wasn't in a film. Josh got back to crawling. We scrambled towards him to congratulate him, but a chilling sight met us. He had a gaping wound in his stomach. He was pale, his eyes yellowing and beginning to sink. His face was wet with tears. We all knew he was gone but we couldn't tell him. He pressed something into my hand, told me to make sure it got safely to his wife back home. George assured him that we'd provide a stretcher for him. The wounds were serious, but Tom radioed HQ for a medic. GPS was on the blink, we didn't know exactly where we were. We all crouched over Josh as his life ebbed away. None of us wanted it to happen, but there was nothing we could do. Tom pressed hard on the wound to try and stop the flow. Josh looked at him, told him to take his pocketwatch back to his wife; it was his most treasured possession. We didn't trust the guys who buried them. Tom obliged. Josh groaned. "Tell Em... I love her..." he said, crippled in agony. He then fell silent. Only now did I look into my hand. What he had pressed into it was a letter. It read:
"Em,
I'm sorry I can't make it home. I tried my best. Remember, Whatever happens, you know what It is you have to do. Lives are at Stake here. go On, Now. It is time. WIFY.
Josh."
I made a note to give it to her whenever we got out of this hellhole. It was only right for Josh' memory. We stayed here a little longer, none of us wanting to risk losing another friend. There were only three remaining.

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

kingfishertom Date: Sunday, 26-June-11, 13:58 | Message # 2
has weird dreams!
Regular
Awards: 9
Cool. I'm enjoying this!

I broke the rules. I was blocked.

Halfbrick Date: Monday, 27-June-11, 17:28 | Message # 3
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
That's it.

silverfoxmedia Date: Wednesday, 06-July-11, 17:40 | Message # 4
Good for you
Baron
Awards: 4
What?! The end of the story?! But it's too good!

"Great herd of elephants!"

Halfbrick Date: Tuesday, 10-July-12, 23:06 | Message # 5
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Quote (silverfoxmedia)
What?! The end of the story?! But it's too good!

Nope, it's defo not the end.

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » A Day to Forget (The Survivors, part 4)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: