Friday, 29-March-24, 15:24
Tootsie's Claw
Main | The Ghost War - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » The Ghost War (Chapter 1, Part 5)
The Ghost War
Halfbrick Date: Sunday, 22-May-11, 23:05 | Message # 1
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Group: Admins
Awards: 8
“So let me get this straight. You saw the barkeep with Krug, but later on you saw him with beer. But he says he never saw you the first time. Is that right?” Jack liked to be sure of his facts before analysing them.
“That is correct,” Chris confirmed.
“Let me have a moment to think about all of this.” Another pause as Jack thought. But before it could become an awkward silence, Em intervened. “I’ll just go and get some drinks”, she said, and hurried quickly out of the room. The second she shut the door, the phone rang, and Jack sprang to his feet. Before it had rung twice, he had picked it up. “Hello?”
“Jack, it’s me, Tom. Come quick. Chris has just gone into the store, he’s going to hold them all up and take their money, then make me appear to be the culprit!”
“What? No, that’s impossible. Chris is here with me and Em. Are you certain it was Chris you saw?”
“Positive.”
“Okay, get out of there now. Don’t run, you’ll just attract attention, but walk quickly. Don’t stop walking ‘til you get to my place. Tap twice on the door and Em or I will let you in. Hurry!”
“Thanks, Jack.”
“Don’t mention it.” Jack put the phone down. If he stayed on the line, Tom would just stand about talking to him, and Jack didn’t want any of his friends behind bars. He sat back down on the sofa slowly, with a sigh. “It’s Tom.”
“What’s Mac done?”
“He says you’ve just gone into the store and you’re gonna heist the place!”
“What, is he crazy!?”
“I wondered the same thing. I’ve told him to come here, so we can pick his brains. But unless you two are messing around, something weird’s going on, and I for one don’t like it.”
Jack sighed and picked up the TV remote. There was nothing on, it being 10AM and daytime TV not up to scratch, but it felt good to stab away at the buttons with no discernible aim, no specific thing to find, than to be racking brains over the incidents. But before he got past Sky Two, Chris stopped him.
“You haven’t said what you think of my story.” Jack sighed again.
“Chris, if I’m really honest, I haven’t a clue what to make of your tale. I just get the feeling, in the pit of my stomach, that we’re about to find out.”
“I hate it when you say that. It always means something bad’s about to happen.” With nothing else to say Jack returned to channel-hopping and Chris watched, hoping Jack had good taste. They settled on Channel 4+1 when a most unearthly noise filled the room. A terrified scream rang through the house. And it wasn’t from the tele.
It was from the kitchen...

That is it for Chapter 1.
In Chapter 2 were are given more of an idea about Tommy, and we are introduced to Charlie.

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

smokeynova Date: Monday, 23-May-11, 20:06 | Message # 2
Burn, Baby, Burn
Veteran
Awards: 13
OMG I need to know whats going on!

FLAME ON!!!

Halfbrick Date: Monday, 23-May-11, 21:08 | Message # 3
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Have you read Part 4?

smokeynova Date: Tuesday, 24-May-11, 07:25 | Message # 4
Burn, Baby, Burn
Veteran
Awards: 13
I have read all the parts, but I need to know more

FLAME ON!!!

Halfbrick Date: Tuesday, 24-May-11, 17:30 | Message # 5
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
You will soon.

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » The Ghost War (Chapter 1, Part 5)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: