Thursday, 18-April-24, 21:38
Tootsie's Claw
Main | Under Fire- Part 2 - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Under Fire- Part 2 (Part two of two)
Under Fire- Part 2
silverfoxmedia Date: Friday, 20-May-11, 17:45 | Message # 1
Good for you
Baron
Group: Admins
Awards: 4
Was this doomsday? Had the apocolypse come early? I soon came to my senses and grabbed a gun. I shot, and with every shot I thought of the suffering that was taking place around me. My shots mostly missed, but I hit one and felt one huge, red-hot surge of anger charging through my body, hotter than the bllod that flowed. I was firing like a maniac, a derranged devil.
I looked back at where the children had been playing, just minutes earlier. I shivered when I saw the scene, though the heat was overwhelming. The park had become a hideous, greivous pile of lost innocence.
I turned away, shaking. I ran forwards, but after about a metre something blocked me. After wiping away the dust that covered it, I discovered it to be an abandoned babies' pram. I quaked as I walked away...
About an hour passed. My remaining two friends and I were hiding, crouching low behind a pile of earth. Waiting. Watching. Hoping...
A new cloud of planes had come, reaping destruction as they went. Our planes had gone up also, but I had seen them all shatter, falling to the ground after attempting to take on the Japanese planes.
The most courageous of our men were dead. We were left. We were surviving. No longer were we being daring and diving and dodging. We were just praying behind that great wall of earth. The day was only becoming more and more abhorrent. We were vulnerable. Life was slowly crawling away and we were trying to catch hold of it. Was this the end...?
I could hear the drone of whining bombers in the distance. They were leaving, but could there be a third fleet? This was the question we all thought. The planes were going, leaving nothing. They had gone. Not even a bird sang. The silence was deafening.

"Great herd of elephants!"

Halfbrick Date: Friday, 20-May-11, 20:17 | Message # 2
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Awards: 8
Awesome! Never used the word 'abhorrent'... but I will.

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

silverfoxmedia Date: Saturday, 21-May-11, 12:55 | Message # 3
Good for you
Baron
Awards: 4
It means inspiringly gruesome and dangerous I think. Something like that.

"Great herd of elephants!"

Halfbrick Date: Thursday, 12-July-12, 22:49 | Message # 4
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Awards: 8
Incidentally, you spelt apocalypse wrong!

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Under Fire- Part 2 (Part two of two)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: