Thursday, 25-April-24, 09:58
Tootsie's Claw
Main | Under Fire- Part 1 - The Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kingfishertom  
The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Under Fire- Part 1 (An account of the Pearl Harbour attack (Part one of two))
Under Fire- Part 1
silverfoxmedia Date: Friday, 13-May-11, 18:31 | Message # 1
Good for you
Baron
Group: Admins
Awards: 4
The sun shone down on the earth. The wind blew gently against the trees. Children played amongst the abundant peace. The date- 7th December 1941. This was Pearl Harbour. This was the calm before the storm.
The first of the bombers came. We, as soldiers, presumed that this was a training exercise- until we saw the flag. The Japanese flag. Almost immediately there were screams. People were running hither and thither, children were no longer playing, but looking up in awe, for they did not know what this meant.
The avalanche of falling bombs began. As the first hit the earth and exploded, just feet from where we were standing, we felt the heat on our faces.
The din was the most unholy of dins, for as more bombs came crashing down to earth we thought our very ears had been torn from their places.
We quickly sprung into unrehearsed action, running as the earth itself seemed to groan beneath our feet. Some hopped into trucks, while others (myself included) stayed behind to collect ammunition. The others- the ones who were in the trucks- were driving away, out into the cursed open...
It was a direct hit. I screamed as I saw George flying into the air- or rather, the pieces of George that had survived the initial impact.
Racing out we sought to retrieve any fallen ammunition but, as we were looking up, we saw an aeroplane swooping into view. The aeroplane had looked like an ungainly grey bird from a distance but now, now that we could see up close, we saw the monster that it really was; tons of grey looming steel sweeping past us.
Looking around, we rediscovered the panic, terror and utter confusion that had been so forcibly bestowed upon the Harbour.
Distraught, I watched the sea of blood and shrapnel filling up, the callous massacre providing more and more bodies and debris with every second. This slaughter, this depressing slaughter, had to be worse than death. This was a clattering, ripping, blasting fire from hell.

"Great herd of elephants!"

smokeynova Date: Friday, 13-May-11, 19:14 | Message # 2
Burn, Baby, Burn
Veteran
Awards: 13
I remember when miss Grinnel read this out in english, I was like 'BEN! how could you kill me off!!!'

FLAME ON!!!

silverfoxmedia Date: Saturday, 14-May-11, 15:05 | Message # 3
Good for you
Baron
Lol! Part 2 comes on Friday.

smokeynova Date: Saturday, 14-May-11, 15:56 | Message # 4
Burn, Baby, Burn
Veteran
Awards: 13
Awesome, looking forward to it!

FLAME ON!!!

silverfoxmedia Date: Saturday, 14-May-11, 19:22 | Message # 5
Good for you
Baron
Thanks. Like I said, it comes out after school next Friday.

Halfbrick Date: Tuesday, 17-May-11, 21:22 | Message # 6
The Supreme Overlord
Duke
Awards: 8
Quote (smokeynova)
I remember when miss Grinnel read this out in english

You are so lucky, SFM, getting your story read out in English. I wish Mrs Provis would read my Ghost War or Most Violent Story Ever Told out (or my upcoming one, Caraborne (I made the word up, BTW)).
But it's a good story.

What up? I say "indeed" a lot.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfBrickStudios2010

silverfoxmedia Date: Wednesday, 18-May-11, 16:56 | Message # 7
Good for you
Baron
No, this was classwork. I didn't have any ideas for stories so I decided to post this (well, I split it into two halves for the site).

The Forums » The Forums » English Language » Under Fire- Part 1 (An account of the Pearl Harbour attack (Part one of two))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: